Saving is the action of saving (saving money for
the future, reserving part of the ordinary expense or avoiding a major expense
or consumption) and the thing that is saved. According to
saving, therefore, is the difference
between disposable income and expenditure incurred.
For example: "If we want to buy a car, we have to save about three
hundred dollars a month for two years", "My grandfather always said
that saving is the basis of fortune", "When I am lucky in business, I
dedicate myself to Saving: in this way, I am prepared for the future in case the
situation worsens ", " With government policies, saving is a species
in extinction ".
If a man earns a thousand pesos a month and spends eight
hundred in the same period, his savings will be two hundred pesos. Said money
can be kept as a safeguard against unforeseen expenses that may occur in the
future or in order to specify a greater expense (which requires more than a
month of savings).
It is very important to establish that there is what is known as a savings
bank. Basically this is an establishment whose clear objective is to proceed to
save what are the savings of ordinary citizens who request it, their customers,
while giving them an interest in it.
At any time, and especially in times of crisis, it is necessary to save,
which is also called "tightening the belt." Therefore, a series of tips that are
of great interest must be followed, such as the following:
• It is necessary to avoid compulsive shopping. You just have to get what you
• Supermarket prices must be thoroughly analyzed to see which one offers the
best products and discounts.
• You must also keep in mind the second-hand market as it offers very
• When buying clothes, you can choose wholesale companies, which offer more
• Reduce unnecessary expenses per month.
• Get a mobile phone rate that is cheaper and also meets your needs.
These are some of the tips that serve to save money, something that can also
be done by carrying out what is energy saving, that is, a reduction in the
electric bill. This can be decreased by following recommendations like these:
• Turn off those devices that are turned on and are not being used.
• Do not put household appliances, such as dishwashers and washing machines, at
• Bet on having the air conditioning and heating at the recommended
Savings can be classified in various ways. The private saving is
that obtained by companies that do not belong to the State and
families in general. In the first case, it is the company's profit minus
dividends and can be used for investments. In the family case, saving is the
family's income minus consumption expenses.
Public saving, on the other hand, is carried out by the
State. The income is obtained through taxes, state companies, etc., while the
expense is made in hospitals, schools, highways and public
works in general. If the State saves, we are in a situation of surplus (income
exceeds expenses); otherwise, there is talk of a deficit (income is insufficient
to meet public spending).